Dutch-German Manufacturing-X kick-off meeting+site visit
Boosting innovation in industry 4.0 with (field)labs and Manufacturing-X
Value chain across borders
The European industry needs to significantly increase productivity while producing in a more sustainable way in the coming years. To make this happen, industries not only need to significantly digitalize the processes within their own companies, they must also be able to interact digitally as a value chain across borders.
This enormous challenge cannot be solved by one country or one industry. Close coordination is necessary. At the same time, developing Manufacturing-X together can stimulate new digital manufacturing innovation within Europe. Germany and the Netherlands want to take a pioneering role in this, which other countries can also join.
At Hannover Messe 2023, the German Labs Network Industrie 4.0 (LNI 4.0) and the Dutch Smart Industry Program agreed to collaborate on Manufacturing-X. This is seen as the initiative to increase the competitiveness of European industry. Several international partners jointly work together on this initiative. Germany and the Netherlands want to take the lead in jointly shaping the European digital manufacturing network of the future.
How can we give Manufacturing-X hands and feet, transfer and implement it in SMEs?
On Wednesday 13 September 2023, German and Dutch industry representatives from LNI 4.0 / Plattform Industrie 4.0 and the Smart Industry fieldlabs will therefore come to the Brainport Industries Campus in Eindhoven. With the aim: how can we give Manufacturing-X hands and feet, transfer and implement it in SMEs? In addition, best practices from Dutch and German Labs will be exchanged – to evaluate new transfer prototypes for Dataspaces (Manufacturing-X). Representatives from both countries will discuss how Manufacturing-X can be motivated and applied. In addition to the substantive presentations and discussions, there will also be room to visit innovative projects at the Brainport Industries Campus related to the digitization of manufacturing and there will be a guided tour at ASML an innovative company. During an informal dinner, there will be plenty of room for networking.
Note 1: programme may be subject to change
Note 2: The number of participants is limited for the visit to ASML
Tuesday 12 September
- 19:00 | Networking dinner
Wednesday 13 September
- 10:00 | Introduction and welcome
- 10:30 | Introductions Fieldlab and Lab 4.0 coordinators. Including significance of Manufacturing-X for industry within Fieldlabs/Labs4.0 with CTO Dominik Rohrmus and CEO Anja Simon of Labs Network Industrie 4.0 (LNI 4.0)
- 11:30 | Introduction on Manufacturing-X with Ernst Stöckl-Pukall, Head of Department for Digitalisation and Industry 4.0 at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Protection
- 12:00 | Presentation and tour of the Brainport Industries Campus
- 12:30 | Networking Lunch
- 13:30 | Group sessions. How can Germany and the Netherlands cooperate around Manufacturing-X?
- 15:00 | Bus transport to the company visit
- 15:30 | Company visit
- 17:30 | Bus transport back to Brainport Industries Campusi
If you want to stay overnight in the Eindhoven area, we have the following hotel suggestions: